Re: Drop outs under I/O load with Terratec EWX 24/96

Jascha Berberich <jascha.berberich@xxxxxx> writes:

> While there is I/O load on the PCI bus on my mainboard (Asus A7N8X-E
> deluxe) I got heavy drop outs (xruns) and the sound seems to lower
> its speed (as an walkman with an empty battery), regardless by witch
> device the load is produced (the most ugliest drop outs I had with
> load produced by my S-ATA Seagate harddrives, but also when copying
> a CD on the harddrives or when having heavy network traffic).

Uh oh, this looks like the problem I have with my a7n8x deluxe board +
sata IO + drop-out .

See the threads
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg17399.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg17641.html

I'm still digging the issue.

Lee Revell asked me to "try the -rt kernel, enable latency tracing and
post the output." So far, I've can't boot this rt kernel (Still trying
though)

If you could get these traces on your side, it would be helpfull.

Thanks