Re: Spam on this list

>> That said, I'm seriously tempted right now just to say "we're moving
>> to vger" and asking everyone to resubscribe to that list, and then
>> making xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx respond with "list moved to vger, please
>> repost there". i.e. not even put a forwarding gateway in place.
>>
>> If we do that, then I'll also shut down all the XFS git trees on
>> oss.sgi.com - I'll add commits to the them to say "go to
>> kernel.org". I'll need to work something out for the tarball
>> releases, but kernel.org does have functionality for that, too, so
>> that may just be a small change of process on my end (i.e. use kup).
>> Once that is done, we'll be running completely on community provided
>> infrastructure....
>>
>> Thoughts?

>Nice, so this time discussing spam on the list on the list may have a nice
>effect in the end.
>
>I completely agree and have no issues with resubscribung there.
>
>Thank you,
>--
>Martin

+1 here.

Honestly, I don't believe that moving to vger will be a big trouble for anyone other than the list maintainer who will need to set auto-respond messages.
And we have the advantage of moving it to a community provided infra as you said.

Let me know if you need any help with it, I'll be glad to help in this change

--
--Carlos

P.S. Martin, I apologize for the dup'ed e-mail, my MUA tricked me and I didn't copy xfs list on my previous reply..