Re: Bug (?) : cumulative xfsrestore does not restore files and folders in a directory which was renamed

Hi.

Thank you for the patch.

The patch fixes simple cases (like my reproducer) but it does not fix
restoration of more complex directory structures : I have tested the patch on my real data, it fixes some but not all warnings (a user renamed/moved a lots of
files and directory between the 2 dumps).

Here is another testcase which fails (with the patch) :

mkdir dira
mkdir dira/dirc
touch dira/dirc/filea
mkdir dirb

.
├── dira
│   └── dirc
│       └── filea
└── dirb

Make a level 0 dump.

mv dirb dira/dirB
mv dira/dirc/ dira/dirB/dirC
touch dira/dirB/dirC/fileb

.
└── dira
    └── dirB
        └── dirC
            ├── filea
            └── fileb

Make a level 1 dump.

Restore level 0 then level 1 dump, you will get :

xfsrestore: directory post-processing
xfsrestore: WARNING: unable to set secure extended attribute for dira/dirB: No
such file or directory (2)
xfsrestore: restoring non-directory files
xfsrestore: WARNING: open of dira/dirB/dirC/fileb failed: No such file or
directory: discarding ino 524386
xfsrestore: WARNING: unable to set secure extended attribute for
dira/dirB/dirC/fileb: No such file or directory (2)
xfsrestore: WARNING: path_to_handle of dira/dirB/dirC failed:No such file or
directory
xfsrestore: could not set access and modification times of dira/dirB/dirC: No
such file or directory
xfsrestore: chown (uid=0, gid=0) dira/dirB/dirC failed: No such file or
directory
xfsrestore: chmod dira/dirB/dirC failed: No such file or directory
xfsrestore: WARNING: attempt to set extended attributes (xflags 0x80000000,
extsize = 0x0, projid = 0x0) of dira/dirB/dirC failed: Bad file descriptor
xfsrestore: WARNING: path_to_handle of dira/dirB failed:No such file or
directory
xfsrestore: could not set access and modification times of dira/dirB: No such
file or directory
xfsrestore: chown (uid=0, gid=0) dira/dirB failed: No such file or directory
xfsrestore: chmod dira/dirB failed: No such file or directory
xfsrestore: WARNING: attempt to set extended attributes (xflags 0x80000000,
extsize = 0x0, projid = 0x0) of dira/dirB failed: Bad file descriptor
xfsrestore: WARNING: unable to rmdir /mnt/test//orphanage: Directory not empty

Directory dirB is placed in orphanage folder and fileb is not restored :

.
├── dira
├── orphanage
│   └── 1069152.734839917