Re: Q: xfs_db: invalid numrecs (*) in bmapbtd block

On 6/28/15 1:44 PM, Timofey Titovets wrote:
> Good time of day list,
> i do regular check fragmentation on my servers and xfs_db show strange erros:

No need, really.

http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_The_xfs_db_.22frag.22_command_says_I.27m_over_50.25._Is_that_bad.3F

> # xfs_db -c frag -r /dev/sdc1
> invalid numrecs (51914) in bmapbtd block
> invalid numrecs (2827) in bmapbtd block

> actual 504454, ideal 126776, fragmentation factor 74.87%

> I already google error, and can't find any answer or explanation what
> is it, how danger it or something like.
> It's a production servers with several TB of data and this output make
> me unhappy. =.=

does xfs_repair find any errors?

> And i can't do fast stop it, unmount and check file system.
> (this is nfs server for virtual machines images)

Oh.  So you're doing it with an online/mounted filesystem?

The on-disk filesystem isn't necessarily consistent when mounted,
some of that consistency lives in the log.

You're likely just seeing that inconsitency because you're reading
it while it's mounted; possibly even while it's being modified.

-Eric