Re: xfs_repair segfault

On 3/9/15 1:50 PM, Rui Gomes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yeah I feel the same way what could possible happen here, since no "funky" business happen in this server.
>
> In case this help the underline hardware is:
> Raid Controller: MegaRAID SAS 2108 [Liberator] (rev 05)
> With 16 7.2k SAS 2TB harddrives in raid6
>
> The output from the command:
> [root@icess8a ~]# xfs_db -c "inode 260256256" -c "p" /dev/sdb1

<snip>

Ok, that's enough to create an image which sees the same failure:

# repair/xfs_repair -n namelen.img
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
        - found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
        - scan (but don't clear) agi unlinked lists...
        - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
        - agno = 0
local inode 131 attr too small (size = 0, min size = 4)
bad attribute fork in inode 131, would clear attr fork
bad nblocks 7 for inode 131, would reset to 0
bad nextents 1 for inode 131, would reset to 0
entry "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" in shortform directory 131 references invalid inode 28428972647780227
would have junked entry "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" in directory inode 131
entry "bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb" in shortform directory 131 references invalid inode 0
size of last entry overflows space left in in shortform dir 131, would reset to -1
entry contains offset out of order in shortform dir 131
Segmentation fault

I'll see what we need to do in repair to handle this type of corruption.

(However, I don't think that it will suffice to get much of your filesystem
back ...)

-Eric