Re: Mount: Structure needs cleaning

> On 14 Oct 2014, at 17:38, Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Le Tue, 14 Oct 2014 16:46:39 +0100
> Tom Mason <tom_mason@xxxxxx> écrivait:
>
>>> To copy the disk on another one, you can use ddrescue or dd with
>>> "noerror" option.
>> Thanks again!
>> Can I create an image on a new NAS drive such as a seagate 3tb
>> 'Central network attached storage NAS' STCG3000200 without
>> interfering with its capabilities as a NAS drive?
>
> Yes of course, simply make a file image on the shared volume :
>

> dd if=/dev/sdb2 noerror of=/mountpoint/mynas/disk1TB.img
>
> Then you can run xfs_repair on the image file:
>
> xfs_repair -f /mountpoint/mynas/disk1TB.img
>
> Or run photorec on it
>
> photorec /mountpoint/mynas/disk1TB.img
Hello again!
I have a new NAS Drive connected to my network, 3tb. How would I find this through my ubuntu livecd so that I can put an image of the broken disk on it? It shows up in nautilus with several server icons (three grey boxes stacked on top of one another)
-Seagate-41DA35
-SEAGATE-41DA35
-Seagate Central shared storage (Seagate-41DA35)
-SFTP file transfer on Seagate-41DA35
Cheers!
Tom