Re: Corrupted files

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le Wed, 10 Sep 2014 16:52:27 +0200
> Grozdan <neutrino8@xxxxxxxxx> écrivait:
>
>> Funny, because our server (105 of them) all run on Seagate drives a
>> few years now and I have yet to see one fail or cause other problems.
>> But then again, we use Constellation disks, not Barracuda's. At home I
>> also use both Barracuda's and Constellation ones and also have yet to
>> see a problem with them.
>>

> Yes, we replaced most failed Barracudas with Constellations at a
> later stage (because the "certified repaired" Barracudas aren't any
> better... ) and these work fine so far. However, why would I give
> Seagate my hard-earned money after they cost me so dearly for years? :)

Oh, you are correct about the money. If it happened to us I'll also
think twice about that too. The biggest problems thus far we had were
with Samsung disks. I haven't seen such a high fail rate in all my
life. About 70% of the 100 disks we got failed within a year. Too bad
Seagate took them over. I can only hope that Seagate's manufacturing
an QA doesn't suffer because of that.