Re: Subject : Happened again, 20140811 -- Got "Internal error XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO". Filesystem needs reformatting to correct issue.

On 08/11/14 10:34, Carlos E. R. wrote:

El 2014-08-11 a las 09:57 -0500, Mark Tinguely escribió:
On 08/11/14 09:23, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Where in the filesystem did the XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO happen?

This time?
Did not look at the log yet. Let me see...

Here is the full log of the event. It starts prior to hibernating, all
things nominal. And ends on shutdown (had to hit reset button, despite
what log says). If you want to see entries prior to that, since boot, I
can do that.

so XFS gave a forced shutdown after the machine came back from hibernation. After replaying the log, there were no errors in xfs_repair.

We should have quiesced the metadata/log before freezing xfs. Was there a lot of items in the log?

--Mark.