Re: Subject : Happened again, 20140811 -- Got "Internal error XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO". Filesystem needs reformatting to correct issue.

On 08/11/14 09:23, Carlos E. R. wrote:

El 2014-07-02 a las 11:57 +0200, Carlos E. R. escribió:

I got this error:

Happened again, I'm on middle of recovery procedures, and using my
laptop to post.

The system did not "die", I could still use xterms owned by root. So I
tried to use xfs_metadump before rebooting, but it refused, said that
the partition was mounted (and I know from previous times that umounting
fails or locks the machine). It also said that it could not intialize
the XFS library.

So I logged out, and issued "reboot" on tty1 as root. No go, it got
stuck somewhere, and I had to hit the physical reset button on the
machine. I have not looked at the logs yet.

I am now running the machine off a live usb stick (13.1 XFCE rescue
system) to avoid the automatics to fsck the home partition, and I
already obtained a xfs_metadump of it.

I post this in case you have some suggestion before I nuke the partition
(rsync, reformat, etc). It shold take some hours.

- -- Cheers
Carlos E. R.

Where in the filesystem did the XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO happen?

I am interested in the metadata dump.

Also, some one hit back to back duplicate block allocation XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO bugs, you may want to do a metadata dump before and after the xfs_repair in case you hit it again soon.

If this is a duplicate block allocation, some user blocks will have overwritten the metadata.

--Mark.