Re: Delaylog information enquiry

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 11:18:11PM +0200, Grozdan wrote:
> I don't want to start another thread as this is my last question but
> it's one unrelated to the original question from Frank

You should always start a new thread when you have an unrelated
question. At minimum, you should change the subject line...

> One of my partitions was almost full (there was 5 GB over according to
> df -h). I had about 8 torrents open in the client, all sizes between 4
> and 6 GB (they were all downloaded and got never "released" from the
> client as I was seeding back). When I tried to add a torrent to
> download which was 3 GB, the client reported that there was no more
> space left over on the partition. I suspect this is related to
> speculative preallocation and because the 8 torrents were all "open"
> they still had extra space allocated by the speculative preallocation
> and thus I couldn't add the 3GB torrent even though df says there was
> 5GB over but in reality it was much less. Am I correct on this or is
> there something completely else that happened?

No idea - not enough information. Please start a new thread,
including the information here:

http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_What_information_should_I_include_when_reporting_a_problem.3F

as well as the 'xfs_bmap -vp' output for the torrents in question.

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner