Delaylog information enquiry

Hello.

I just wanted to have more information about the delaylog feature.
From what I understood it seems to be a common feature from different FS. It's supposed to retain information such as metadata for a time ( how much ?). Unfortunately, I could not find further information about journaling log section in the XFS official documentation.
I just figured out that delaylog feature is now included and there is no way to disable it (http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/filesystems/xfs.txt?id=HEAD).

Whatever the information it could be, I understood that this is a temporary memory located in RAM.
Recently, I had a crash on a server and I had to execute the repair procedure which worked fine.

But I would like to disable this feature to prevent any temporary data not to be written do disk. (Write cache is already disabled on both hard drive and raid controller).

Perhaps it's a bad idea disabling it. If so, I would like to have your opinion about where memory corruption could happen.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.