Re: XFS data lost recover

Le Wed, 11 Jun 2014 15:20:32 +0100
"Duarte  Franco" <duarte.franco@xxxxxxx> écrivait:

> The files are essentially http pages but are thousands of them! Is
> there any way to restore the name of the files or is only by their
> content?

There is no way unfortunately. I've made a perl script that creates a
database of file with their names and inodes to cover precisely this
problem, but you would need to have run it once beforeend to index the
filesystem...

You should try to run the latest xfs_repair first however; you probably
used a very old version. In a similar case a newer xfs_repair was able
to find many files that the previous release couldn't reattach properly
to the filesystem tree.