Re: projid32bit=1 default in xfsprogs-3.2.0

On 10/15/2013 03:43 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 12:46:09PM -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 04:24:24PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
Ok.  Default it is!   Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure we were
all in agreement there.

Can we make sure this gets documented in doc/CHANGES?

I'm also pretty sure the entry for 3.2.0-alpha1 is severly lacking,
can we make sure the one for the real release is as detailed as the ones
for the previous releases?

Btw, I also noticed releases after 3.1.9 aren't tagged in git, any
chance we could fix that?  The release.sh script was supposed to take
care of this automatically.

Also we have tons of fixes in the xfsprogs repo that really should go
out into a new 3.1.12 release:

     xfs_io: v8 add the lseek() SEEK_DATA/SEEK_HOLE support
     xfs_db: add header to freesp -d output
     xfs_repair: zero out unused parts of superblocks
     xfs_repair: add prototype for alloc_ex_data()
     xfsprogs: fix Out-of-bounds access in repair/dinode.c
     xfsprogs: fix inode crash in xfs_repair
     xfsprogs: fix unint var in repair phase6
     xfsprogs: fix agcnts leak in xfs_repair's scan_ags
     xfsprogs:free bp in xlog_find_tail() error path
     xfsprogs: free bp in xlog_find_zeroed() error path
     xfsprogs: fix buffer leak in xlog_print_find_oldest
     xfsprogs: avoid double-free in xfs_attr_node_addname
     xfsprogs/io: add readdir command
     mkfs.xfs: fix protofile name create block reservation
     logprint: fix wrapped log dump issue
     xfs_metadump: manpage fix regarding frozen fs
     mkfs: add missing noalign suboption information
     xfsprogs: fix make deb
     xfsprogs: define umode_t for build if not defined already
     xfs_logprint: fix continuation transactions
     xfs_fsr: file reads should be O_DIRECT
     xfs_logprint: print all AGI unlinked buckets

+ a few more pending on the list.  I'd volunteer to prepare and test
thos backports once we get the remaining patches from the list in.

Hey Christoph,

If your still interested in a 3.1.12 release, a 'for-3.1.12' branch has been created.

Thanks
--Rich