Re: Questions about XFS

On 10/25/13 11:13 AM, harryxiyou wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Emmanuel Florac
> <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Le Fri, 25 Oct 2013 22:28:10 +0800
>> harryxiyou <harryxiyou@xxxxxxxxx> écrivait:
>>
>>> 1, How to install XFS on Linux OS, I should do like below, right?
>>>    a, Download latest Linux Kernel Source Codes.
>>>    b, Compile the Linux Kernel and select XFS feature when I do the
>>> configuration (make menuconfig).
>>
>> No, XFS is supported by all Linux distributions out of the box. To use
>> XFS, you may eventually need to install the xfs-progs package.
>
> Yeah, I have seen it. After I install xfs-progs, I could run mkfs.xfs to
> format a device to run XFS.
>

>>> 2, Does XFS support real-time feature after I install it on Linux
>>> Kernel? And how to use real-time feature on Linux Kernel.
>>>

>> Yes. What do you want to do with realtime XFS?
>>

> I just wonder how to realize the real-time upon common Linux Kernel
> and common physical hardware. It's interesting, isn't? ;-)

http://xfs.org/docs/xfsdocs-xml-dev/XFS_User_Guide//tmp/en-US/html/ch04s09.html
http://xfs.org/docs/xfsdocs-xml-dev/XFS_User_Guide//tmp/en-US/html/ch05s03.html
http://xfs.org/docs/xfsdocs-xml-dev/XFS_User_Guide//tmp/en-US/html/ch06s11.html
http://xfs.org/docs/xfsdocs-xml-dev/XFS_User_Guide//tmp/en-US/html/ch06s12.html