Re: Time for an xfsprogs "alpha1" release?

On 9/12/13 6:40 PM, Mark Tinguely wrote:
> On 09/12/13 17:18, Eric Sandeen wrote:

>>> Good idea, but xfsprogs is in a state that it can't compile:
>>>
>>>     http://oss.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2013-09/msg00396.html
>>>
>>> Patch 31 v3 / 55 is broken. It is missing xfs_sb.c and has an extra
>>> xfs_mount.c.
>>>
>>> If you want it this week, we could do the corrections or wait for Dave
>>> to repost.
>>
>> hm? The git tree builds fine here, anyway (modulo some warnings).
>>
>> so quick, cut an alpha1 before it breaks.  ;)
>>
>> (but if you mean: we should get the latest stuff on the list in first,
>> and fix it so it builds - ok - but there will probably always be more
>> stuff to pull in, so at some point when we have a reasonable amount of it
>> in place, we could cut a test release?  There's always "alpha2"...)
>>
>> -Eric
>
> Yep, simple to fix. I manually pulled in xfs_sb.c to make sure 47 v2 / 55 was still okay. I can have a tar tomorrow.

Well, any released tarball needs to come from a tagged git tree, of course.

So if the new series needs to go in first, and needs fixes before that, we can wait.  Or if it's ok as it is now, and just missing some functionality, we could cut it now as alpha1, and cut alpha2 next.... *shrug*.  Not a huge rush, just pick a time when the tree is useful to get some wider testing, and cut a pre-release from that point in git.

-Eric