Re: A short digression on FOSS (Re: understanding speculative preallocation)

On 7/28/2013 10:12 PM, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On 7/28/13 9:41 PM, Dave Chinner wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 08:06:32PM -0400, Jay Ashworth wrote:

Excellent quote Eric, love the Matrix movies.

I think the problem here is a lack of understanding of the kernel
development and commit process.  AFAIK there's not a single Linux
subsystem that has a standalone version number or versioning scheme.
Not the other filesystems, not the USB subsystem, SCSI, ATA, etc.  The
version of each is simply the version of the kernel they are included in.

I've been wondering throughout this thread where anyone got the idea
that there is an XFS version that can be traced/tracked.  Maybe because
xfsprogs have a version number?  The way to track XFS changes from
kernel to kernel is to look at the commits, as others have already stated.

--
Stan