Re: Questions about XFS

That's a very interesting idea, using inotify. But I'd prefer to keep
it a little simpler. Using ext3 for the main data tree and XFS for the
work file directory really seems perfect. Although it gives me an
option that was never feasible before. And that would be to mount ext3
data=journal. Without XFS to do the heavy listing in the work dir,
that would make certain operations (very) unreasonably slow. But with
the hybrid fs configuration, it would only slow down EOD posting a
bit. I mounted data=journal at one site, for one day the other day,
and nobody complained. That would be the "correct" solution from a
data integrity standpoint. But I've always found ext3 & data=ordered
to be quite adequate for this application.

-Steve