Re: 3.9.0: general protection fault

On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 01:18:13PM +0200, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> On 05/07/2013 03:12 AM, Dave Chinner wrote:

> >>Isn't that a bit overhead? And I can't provide /proc/meminfo and
> >>others, as this issue causes a kernel panic a few traces later.
> >
> >Provide what information you can.  Without knowing a single thing
> >about your hardware, storage config and workload, I can't help you
> >at all. You're asking me to find a needle in a haystack blindfolded
> >and with both hands tied behind my back....
>
> I see that xfs_info, meminfo, etc are useful, but /proc/mounts?
> Maybe you want "cat /proc/mounts | grep xfs"?. Attached is the
> output of /proc/mounts, please let me know if you were really
> interested in all of that non-xfs output?

Yes. You never know what is relevant to a problem that is reported,
especially if there are multiple filesystems sharing the same
device...

> And I just wonder what you are going to do with the information
> about the hardware. So it is an Areca hw-raid5 device with 9 disks.
> But does this help? It doesn't tell if one of the disks reads/writes
> with hickups or provides any performance characteristics at all.

Yes, it does, because Areca cards are by far the most unreliable HW
RAID you can buy, which is not surprising because they are also the
cheapest. This is through experience - we see reports of filesystems
being badly corrupted ever few months because of problems with Areca
controllers.

Cheers,

Dave.
--