Re: xfs_iunlink_remove: xfs_inotobp() returned error 22 -- debugging

On 4/19/13 7:51 PM, 符永涛 wrote:
> After change mount option to sync shutdown still happens, and I got a trace again, the inode 0x1c57d is abnormal.

since this is a race on namespace operations, I wouldn't have expected sync to matter.

> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7n2C4T5tfNCYW1jNWhBbXBYakE/edit?usp=sharing
> I have a question if the problem is hard to reproduce why I got 8 times in a week only in a test cluster with 8 node?
> What's the problem?

you must have something unique in your environment, and we don't know what it is.

To gather more information, can you also turn on tracepoints for:

xfs_rename
xfs_create
xfs_link
xfs_remove

in addition to xfs_iunlink and xfs_iunlink_remove,
and we'll see what that tells us.

There are many paths that manipulate the di_nlink count, and something is racing, but we don't yet know what two callchains they are.

The above are all the callers that manipulate the link count, so they will yield more information about who is manipulating the counts.

Thanks,
-Eric