Re: XFS write cache flush policy

Am Samstag, 8. Dezember 2012, 20:29:27 schrieb Matthias Schniedermeyer:
> I have the same problem, several times.

I'd like to chime in here, with a similar issue: I have Linux on my
desktop, xfs is the home partition, 16G RAM. One day my system froze, no
chance to do a buffer flush via SYS-S/U/B, I had to press the reset
button (no power off, just reset). Upon restart, *lots* of files were
gone, destroyed, etc, and my KDE desktop wouldn't work anymore. Luckily
I have backups, and could restore - but this just shouldn't happen, and
it was *much* better with older kernels. What is the problem that
metadata isn't written to disk occasionally? I was on 3.6.6 when that
happened, now on 3.6.8, so very recent.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc