Re: xfsdump INTERRUPT issue

On 12/5/2012 9:01 PM, Jeffrey Ellis wrote:
> Ok.
>
> xfsdump -J -f /xfsdump_file /dev/sda6

/ isn't a suitable location to write a dump file.  Find a suitable
location on another filesystem with enough free space to hold the dump.
 "xfsdump_file" is an example file name.  Use whatever file name you wish.

My example XFS filesystem used for illustration purposes resides on
/dev/sda6 on one of my machines.  /dev/sda6 is probably not the location
of the filesystem you are dumping.  On what device does your XFS
filesystem reside?

> xfsrestore -t -v /xfsdump_file

Just forget the "-v".  It'll make things easier.

> Then I post the results?

After you get all of the above straightened out.

BTW, if your goal in all of this is simply copying all the directories
and files from one disk to another disk, you could have used "cp -a" and
been done already.  It takes longer to execute than xfsdump/xfsrestore,
but given you've been at this for many days now, "cp -a" would have
already completed--long ago.

--
Stan