Re: XFS or MDADM issue?

On 2012-08-29, Blair Sonnen <blair.sonnen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings.  I do not know where to inquire next for my issue and I would =
> appreciate it if anyone could suggest something to potentially help =
> regarding XFS.  I have already submitted this bug report to mdadm on =
> 5/31 (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=3D675394#5), with =
> no updates as of yet. =20

There are many issues with this bug report.

==Is it repeatable?  If not, it's probably just a problem (perhaps
with the underlying hardware), not an actual software bug.
==If it's a legitimate bug, are you hoping for Debian to fix it?
Because in general they simply repackage the code and compile it, so if
the bug is truly in md or mdadm, it should be reported upstream.
==If it's not an actual bug, you're more likely to get help on the linux
md mailing list than on the Debian bug tracker.
==Have you tried a similar procedure with a different filesystem?  That
would confirm or deny whether it's an issue with XFS.

I think the best thing to do at this point is check with the Linux RAID
mailing list.  The mdadm developer is very active there.

http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-raid

They can help decide whether it's a bug or local problem, and in any case
may have some ideas for either recovery or deciding that recovery is not
possible.  (I am a newbie reader on that list.)

--keith

--
kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx