Re: [regression] stack overflow in xfs_buf_iodone_callbacks

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:20:11PM +1000, Dave Chinner wrote:
> We will very soon - CRC checks after reading for disk will be done
> after reads. The patch series I'm working on at the moment
> introduces sanity checks of buffers on read completion - it doesn't
> do CRC checks yet, but it moves all the checks we do on read
> completion into iodone callbacks, and when CRCs are introduced they
> will simply be slotted into those functions....

I'm tempted to move calling of b_iodone into the caller that gets
waken by the completion, as that would help to clean a lot of nasty
bits up, but that's still a bit out.

The whole area aound xfs_bdstrat_cb, xfsbdstrat and buffer error handling
is something that needs a fair amount of attention, and I plan to tackle
a lot of it for 3.6.