Possible memory allocation deadlock - kernel 3.2.1

Hi all,

I am testing the kernel 3.2.1 (32-bit) XFS filesystem on a 1 TB LVM logical
volume. The volume currently has 3653816 files, 3655726 used inodes and 782G
free space. When the volume is mounted, quotacheck starts up and after about
5 minutes the oom-killer is triggered and starts killing processes. From the
message log, it looks like the system is running out of Normal memory. After
a while I see the following messages after which I power cycle the system:

XFS: possible memory allocation deadlock in kmem_zone_alloc (mode: 0x2d0)
XFS: possible memory allocation deadlock in xfs_buf_allocate_memory (mode:
0x250)

The kernel is configured for 2G/2G memory split. I tried setting
vm.overcommit_memory to 2 and vm.overcommit_ratio first to 80 and then 50
and that did not help.

The server has an Intel Quad core Xeon CPU X3450 @ 2.67GHz with 4 GB RAM.
The swap partition is 8GB in size.

Is this a known issue and if so, is a patch available? Is there a kernel
configuration parameter that can be adjusted to fix this?

Do let me know if you need additional information about the test setup or
kernel configuration.

Thanks for your help.

Priya