Re: 3.2.9 and locking problem

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:14:25PM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> In the 3.2 version xfs_sync_flags does a double unlock of the ilock -
> change the last argument of xfs_trans_ijoin from XFS_ILOCK_EXCL to 0
> will fix this.  The 3.0 version doesn't have this bug.
>
> And btw, the additions to the on-disk format are gross - this stuff
> broke before and will break again when we add new features.

Any idea why they aren't sending stuff like this upstream to us so
they can be implemented correctly, robustly and in a future-proof
manner? vserver users are going to be unhappy when their filesystems
get broken because they are using out-of-tree, incompatible on-disk
formats....

FWIW, are the vserver foilks distributing modified versions of
xfsprogs to support these changes?

Cheers,

Dave.
--