XFS unlink still slow on 3.1.9 kernel ?

Hello list !

I ran a "find dir" on one directory with 11 million files and dirs in it
and it took 100 minutes. Is this a "normal" run time to be expected?

I am running openSUSE 12.1, kernel 3.1.9-1.4-default. The 20 TB XFS
partition is 100% full and is on an external InforTrend RAID system with
24 x 1 TB SATA HDDs on RAID 6 with one hot-spare HDD, so 21 data discs
plus 2 parity discs plus 1 hot-spare disc. The case is connected through
SCSI.

The system was not running anything else on that discs and the load on
the server was around 1 because of only this one find command running.

I am asking because I am seeing very long times while removing big
directory trees. I thought on kernels above 3.0 removing dirs and files
had improved a lot, but I don't see that improvement.

This is a backup system running dirvish, so most files in the dirs I am
removing are hard links. Almost all of the files do have ACLs set.

# mount | grep xfs
/dev/sda1 on /backup/IFT type xfs
(rw,noatime,nodiratime,attr2,delaylog,nobarrier,logbufs=8,logbsize=256k,sunit=256,swidth=5376,noquota,_netdev)

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Richard

--
Richard Ems       mail: Richard.Ems@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx