Re: xfs_repair v3.1.6 - Segmentation fault AND XFS internal error xfs_btree_check_sblock

On Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2011 Richard Ems wrote:
> We had a hard disc failure on an Areca 1680 RAID controller, RAID 6.
> I checked the firmware and the last available version is already
> installed.

Did you check your disks are compatible? Areca's 1680 is pretty hard
about disks firmware, we've had bad behaviour if drive+firmware were not
in the support list.

If disks are compatible, and one broke, it could well be it behaved very
bad and wrote different things than it read back. If you rebuilt your
raid, let it check again to confirm it's good now. We've had that error
once... finally we rebuilt the whole damn raid from scratch.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc

Tel: +43 660 / 415 6531