Re: XFS internal error XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 03:17:48PM +0530, Ajeet Yadav wrote:
> Hello Dave,
> I have seen this problem comes only with USB HDD (we have tired
> different USB HDD, but it seems common with HDD), while USB FLASH
> works fine.

Can you make sure the USB HDD actually does flush caches reliably and
doesn't lose data it claims it guaranteed to disk?  In addition to the
generally bad implementation quality of USB periphals there is a large
chance of beeing lost in translation when converting the SCSI WCE mode
and FUA bit concepts to the ATA equivalents.