Re: 1 Gb Ethernet based HPC storage deployment plan

Thanks Stan. Well, because the size of cluster is not very big so
here's what I considered on its storage deployment. The users home
directory and data will be stored in OpenAFS. And also as I mentioned
in the first thread, 8 SATA disks will be used by using IP SAN to
share with compute nodes.

Some file systems I considered but not sure. Lustre, I know it has
good performance but I just use GigaEther network environment in this
cluster hence I am not pretty sure the performance would be good
seemed only high speed storage connected network can get good result.
GFS2, yeah, I ever heard about some institutes use such distributed
file systems for cluster computing field but still no evidence for its
scalability and performance. So my simple way just to use XFS as
underlayer and export it by using NFS.

For the real workload, I run bioinformatics software actually. They
may write many large or small files as parallel computing to the
storage.

Thanks.

Eric