Re: mkfs.xfs error creating large agcount an raid

One thing this thread indicates is the need for a warning in mkfs.xfs
- according to several developers, there is, I think, linear increase
in allocation time to number of allocation groups.

It would be helpful for the end user to simply issue a warning stating
this when the AG count seems high with a brief explanation as to why
it seems high.  I would allow it, but print the warning.  Even a
simple linear check like agroups>500 should suffice for "a while".

Paul

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 4:55 AM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6/26/2011 11:14 PM, Marcus Pereira wrote:
>> Em 27-06-2011 00:33, Stan Hoeppner escreveu:
>>>
>>> I recommend 3 changes, one of which I previously mentioned:
>>>
>>> 1.  Use 8 mirror pairs instead of 4
>>> 2.  Don't use striping.  Make an mdraid --linear device of the 8 mirrors