Re: XFS umount issue

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 17:29, Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Mine is a Netgear Stora. The interesting bit is that the stock
>> firmware runs kernel 2.6.22.18 and uses XFS as well, but I don't know
>> how stable it was to begin with.
>
> Have you checked to see whether there are extra patches added to
> that kernel by Netgear? It's not uncommon for these embedded systems
> to run a kernel that has been patched to fix problems that you are
> seeing.

I looked through it and didn't see anything that stood out, although I
could have easily missed it (the diff is quite noisy, plus it sounds
like the vmap cache invalidation functions have changed names in the
meantime?).

The one interesting bit that I found was that the Netgear kernel
comments out the test that disables write barriers at mount time,
which I found quite odd, but it sounds unrelated to this issue.

Nuno