Re: xfs: outstanding patches for 2.6.39

Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Of course, the major patch in this series is the conversion of the
> buffer cache to using kmalloc and get_free_page() directly rather
> than using the page cache. This has many benefits and I haven't
> found any regressions due to making that change yet.

One (somewhat obscure) regression will be that you won't be able to
recover from uncorrected memory errors in the buffer cache anymore.
Previously memory_failure() could just drop it transparently when that
happens and the page is currently not used.  This is usually only a
problem if there's significant memory tied up in it.

-Andi
--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only