Re: xfs: add FITRIM support

On Donnerstag, 6. Januar 2011 Dave Chinner wrote:
> Realistically, we have
> to design for how we expect devices to behave in 2-3 years time, not
> waste time trying to optimise for fundamentally broken devices that
> nobody will be using in 2-3 years time...

I see, thanks for the explanation. I hope that there will be a solution
that allows us to FITRIM on Saturday "in the background", so the thin
provisioned VMs are smaller and faster to back up. That's my immediate
wish, as we currently don't use SSDs.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc