Re: Pid: 8345, comm: rsync Not tainted 2.6.32.22intel #1

On Mittwoch, 27. Oktober 2010 Dave Chinner wrote:
> > Also, I'd need to find information and learn how to tweak udev
> > hotplug  rules.
>
> GIYF.

Thanks, I know how to search ;-)
*Finding* the information doesn't mean *understanding* how to do it. It
takes time.

> You'd need one regex per device type you want to tweak with
> different values.
> This is not "cool new stuff" - I've seen it used for exactly this
> purpose for several years by distros. e.g. pulling the identifier
> string from the device to set hardware device specific tunables,
> changing default dm/md readahead, etc. It's not new, and is easy to
> configure generically so it works on a wide array of different
> machines.

I meant: When upgrading the system from 11.1 to 11.2, I'm sure the
system replaces the correspondig script, or at least messes around with
them. I know /etc/init.d/boot.local stays the same.

> And if you hotplug devices, it just works automatically - you don't
> need to rerun a script after every hotplug...

Now that indeed is a pretty good advantage.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc

it-management Internet Services