Re: Problem with file system on iSCSI FileIO

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 04:58:47PM +0200, Slawomir Nowakowski wrote:
> iSCSI FileIO is using struct file that serves it as block level
> device via iSCSI technology:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISCSI

Thanks, I know ISCSI very well.  But what is "iSCSI FileIO" ?  The above
sounds like it's an iscsi target, is that correct?

> There are RAID level 6 unit on the Areca RAID controller (1680). On
> the unit is created a volume group. In the volume group we have
> several logical volumes. The iSCSI FileIO volume is mounted and the
> file (lun) is served via SCST target as iSCSI LUN.
>
> We have checked RAM with memtest+ and verified RAID unit health and
> no issues were found.

I still can't make any sense of the actual setups.

The above seems to be the backend storage.  Then there's SCST somewhere
in which is in a out of tree kernel module.  And then you use XFS
somewhere.  Please provide a full description of the setup.