Re: Problem with file system on iSCSI FileIO

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

Slawomir Nowakowski
Technical Support Engineer
Open-E GmbH
e-mail: slawomir.nowakowski@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.open-e.com/

W dniu 23.09.2010 16:32, Christoph Hellwig pisze:
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 03:35:02PM +0200, Slawomir Nowakowski wrote:
Dear Sir,

We are using iSCSI FileIO on the LVM. The file (called lun) has been
What is iSCSI FileIO?

iSCSI FileIO is using struct file that serves it as block level device via iSCSI technology:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISCSI

initialized with:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/vg+vg00/lv+i+lv0000 bs=1M conv=notrunc

on the XFS formatted logical volume.

Additionally, we use 2.6.27-39 kernel  and xfs-tools 2.10.1

After some time, without any additional errors, we are not able
mount the volume. After mount command we get:
Please describe the full storage topology.  But most likely it's an
issue with your underlying storage.

There are RAID level 6 unit on the Areca RAID controller (1680). On the unit is created a volume group. In the volume group we have several logical volumes. The iSCSI FileIO volume is mounted and the file (lun) is served via SCST target as iSCSI LUN.

We have checked RAM with memtest+ and verified RAID unit health and no issues were found.

Cheers