Re: Now: Debian issues, WAS: XFS Filesystem not mounting

Emmanuel Florac wrote:

> I've used XFS only since 1996 and never looked back - I
> still actually miss those sturdy Origin 200 and 2000 :) I've set up
> about 2.5 PB of XFS filesystems in the past 5 years so I think it's
> quite a significant metric.
>
> On the other hand I had some problems (fortunately nothing
> irremediable) on reiser, ext3 though I used them only sparsely.
> Obviously XFS is much more resilient to hardware glitches (I even
> recovered most of the data from a RAID-0 array with a failed drive).

2.5PB... Wow... Those are some of the best points of why to use XFS.  Those
are really impressive...

Always was intrigued by the SGI equipment in the labs when I was at
University...  Never played with one though.  Checked out the specs of those
Origin boxes you mention.  That was some horsepower for the time.

-Cheers, Peter.