Re: xfs on armv5 still with erroneous log in kernel 2.6.35.4

 Am 08.09.2010 09:43, schrieb Dave Chinner:

FWIW, please copy the exact commands and errors from your terminal -
paraphrasing them like this does not help me underѕtand exactly what
is happening...
Hi Dave,

I'm very sorry for annoying you. Please excuse this.

You asked me to copy the exact commands from the terminal. I did that despite the fact, that I replaced "cp /bin/* /data" with "cp something on it". All other commands are 100% the same in exactly the given order in the former mail. Furthermore you asked me to give the output of xfs_printlog with and without option -t. I gave that output in the last mail, too.

Please take my apologies and note the workflow I have tested:

>mount -t xfs /dev/sda1 /data
>cp /bin/sh /data
>sync
>umount /data
>xfs_printlog /dev/sda1
#no ERROR entry visible
>mount -t xfs /dev/sda1 /data
#re mounting works fine, no problems!,
#so I thought running a sync before the umount would solve my erroneous log problem on ARM devices

# The following command chain trys to reproduce the error
>mount -t xfs /dev/sda1 /data
>cp /bin/* /data
>sync
Device or resource busy.
>sync
>umount /data
>xfs_printlog /dev/sda1
#includes an ERROR entry at the end, see last mail

The output of dmesg after trying to mount a partition on which I wrote some files before,
I gave in the very first mail:
"
SGI XFS with ACLs, security attributes, large block/inode numbers, no debug enabled
SGI XFS Quota Management subsystem
XFS mounting filesystem sda1
Starting XFS recovery on filesystem: sda1 (logdev: internal)
XFS: xlog_recover_process_data: bad clientid
XFS: log mount/recovery failed: error 5
XFS: log mount failed
"

My expectations:
- sync should never be mandatory before unmounting to keep the FS clean (any FS)
- umount should never break the log of the FS

Facts:
Mounting the XFS-Parttition, writing some data on it and unmounting results in an erroneous log which forces a xfs_repair -L on the next mount.
(This I do not expect either...)

I do not know which debug procedures are useful and would give you some useful output. Sorry about this.

After summing up the content I gave in the mailchain, please let me know, if solving this issue has any chance of success.

Thanks and kind regards,
Marcus