Re: Debug statements inside xfree video driver ??

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, vishnuvaradan vishnuvaradan wrote:
On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Marc Aurele La France <tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, vishnuvaradan vishnuvaradan wrote:
 Iam trying to integrate the xfree video driver for my PMC graphics card ..

while configuring and running the driver access some illegal memory area
and
iam geting oops kernel access bad area..

 I need to debug the video driver.. ( reg its IOBASE,mem base etc)

I added printf inside the driver but it is not coming in var/log

 Please give idea how to add some debug statements(with variable values)
inside the  video  driver such that it will come in var/log ...???

The server closes stdout as part of its initialisation.  You could use
stderr instead, but it is preferable to use the xf86Msg() family of
functions. These are documented in section 18.1 of the DESIGN document.

    Still, I could not find where my video driver access bad area.
   As said earlier iam using the PMC graphics card along with a base board.
   while integrating the frame buffer driver for the graphics,  based on
our architecture
   FOR I/o READ/WRITE ACCESS I should use as
   outb(val,port) as outb(val, 0xF2000000+port)
   inb(val,port)   as inb(val, 0xF2000000+ port)

   I have modified the direct I/O accessing in the xfree in my video driver
   Shall i need to modify the same in compiler.h inside
programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common ??

   I suspect the problem is closely related to I/o issue only....

   I have attached the log file and the serial port messages for ur
reference  ..

  Please shed me some light to solve the issue..

For this architecture, compiler.h offsets all PCI I/O by ioBase, which in turn is set by xf86EnableIO() in os-support/linux/lnx_video.c

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310          |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729          |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx         |
|  352 General Services Building   +----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                  |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |    Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                  |
|  CANADA                          |                                  |