Re: Ati help please

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, Serpentus wrote:

I have an ATI Radean x1650 PRO AGP. Drivers: latest, 8.40.4 downloaded from
ati.amd.com

Well, unfortunately I have a lot of problems:

Primary Monitor: SyncMaster 205BW (Digital Connector)
Secondary Monitor: SyncMaster 793DF (Analog)

(The issues described below happens even if I disconnect the secondary
screen)

First:
When I set initial to dual-head and overlay Xv or OpenGL or disabled and
reset the pc the mouse pointer gets corrupted. (And I've tried lots of other
configurations in xorg.conf and still happens).

Second:
Catalyst reports Bus Settings 0x (AGP). ONLY on linux, under windows it is
detected as 8x. So I think it is not a Mother board issue.

Third:
I get a black screen before playing a video.

Fourth:
EXTREME low performance. example: Stellarium: 0.125 fps; full screen videos
skips lots of frames (only tried VLC), and with lots of other applications
is the same.

Thanks in advanced!
Alejandro Marzuca
Santiago, Chile
P.S.: Sorry for my english, I know it sucks =P

Your English is not that bad, actually.  Certainly better that my Espanol.

Unfortunately, you are inquiring about ATI's properietary drivers, which we cannot support here. Your best bet is to contact ATI/AMD.

Beyond that, I'll venture a guess that you are not running the kernel module that ATI also provides for your adapter.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310          |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729          |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx         |
|  352 General Services Building   +----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                  |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |    Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                  |
|  CANADA                          |                                  |