MagTek Credit Card Readers

Hello,

I represent WYSE Technology, Bangalore India. http://www.wyse.com

We have a customer using MagTek Swipe Credit Card readers with Linux. We have tested MagTek USB Credit Card Readers with part# 2104018 and part# 21040123 numbers. The data from the reader had missing characters and case of the letters was not consistent.

We have investigated the issue. This reader is a HID device and works as a keyboard. If we output the data on a console in case the X system is not started, the data is fully correct, but the data will be missing when we have X system running.

Please confirm whether the above devices have been tested and working with X.

Thanks,

Hemant Shimogi.

Engineering Manager

WYSE Technology Software Development India Pvt. Ltd.,

Bangalore – 560066

Tel:   +91-80-41548789

Mob: +91-9945242912