Re: XFree86-4.6.0 for Radeon R250 M9

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Bharat Kumar Reddy wrote:
On 6/11/07, Marc Aurele La France <tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Bharat Kumar Reddy wrote:
> I have disabled the X by changing the runlevel to init 3 followed by
> reboot. After reboot I have  issued the command "scanpci -v" and
> output is attached in scanpci.txt.

Thanks.  Next, let's try retrieving that BIOS ourselves.  Again, before
attempting to start any X server, please do, as root, ...

 	pcitweak -r 2:4:0 0x30

You should see ...

 	0x80120000

If so, continue with ...

 	pcitweak -w 2:4:0 0x30 0x80120001
 	mmapr /dev/mem 0x80120000 0x20000 | gzip -9 > BIOS.gz
 	pcitweak -w 2:4:0 0x30 0x80120000

... and send me (privately, not to the list) BIOS.gz.

Please be mindful of typos in the above commands.

I booted the machine in init 3 runlevel, login as a superuser (root)
and executed the the following commands.

# pcitweak -r 2:4:0 0x30
0x80120000
# pcitweak -w 2:4:0 0x30 0x80120001
# mmapr /dev/mem 0x80120000 0x20000 | gzip -9 > BIOS.gz
# pcitweak -w 2:4:0 0x30 0x80120000

Please find the attached BIOS.gz file.

Interesting. That adapter says it has no BIOS, which makes me think it wouldn't even work in Windows, unless a driver, very very specific to it, was provided with it. I've never seen this before.

You should probably try to convince, if possible, your system BIOS to use it as it's primary display, instead of the Intel adapter, and see what happens.

In any case, I doubt very much you will ever be able to make it work with X in the foreseeable future. Unless it is part of the motherboard, I'd be very interested in buying it from you.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310          |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729          |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx         |
|  352 General Services Building   +----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                  |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |    Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                  |
|  CANADA                          |                                  |