Re: XFree86-4.6.0 for Radeon R250 M9

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007, Bharat Kumar Reddy wrote:
On 6/8/07, Marc Aurele La France <tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Bharat Kumar Reddy wrote:
> I am tring to configure XFree86-4.6.0 for  "Radeon R250 M9" . However
> I am seeing V_BIOS not found error. With option "NoInt10" I am able to
> overcome this error. However I am not able to overcome the following
> errors:
> (WW) RADEON(1): Mode pool is empty
> (EE) RADEON(1): No valid modes found

> I even tried adding the horizantal and vertical refresh rate and also
> Modeline parameters in monitor section and no hope getting rid of this
> error.

> Can anyone help me.

> Attached the XFree86.log and XF86Config file.
> I am running FC6 on a Pentium III processor.

Please forward a log without the NoInt10 option.

I have removed "NoInt10" option as specified. I have attached
XFree86.log and XF86Config file.

Earlier I have started with the attached configuration. When I ran
XFree86 -xf86config /root/XF86config.new I have seen the X display
coming up for Card0 (82815 CGC) only. I didn't see any display for my
card1 (Radeon R250 Moblity 9000).

I couldn't figure out the reason for failure in card1 inspite of
success in BIOS detection.  I have even tried adding the Modeline
paramteres and horizantal and vertical refresh rate in Monitor
Section. My monitor connected to Card1 is "Acer 77c".

The adapter will not function without being initialised by its BIOS, and there's not much the driver (by itself) can do about it. So the next step is to figure out why that BIOS can't be retrieved. Towards that end, please send me the output from `scanpci -v` on this system, after a powerdown-reboot, but before any attempt to start an X server.

Secondly, you appear to have an incomplete installation of XFree86 4.6.0, as /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libint10.a is missing. Although I don't think this is relevant to the problem.

Thanks.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310          |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729          |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx         |
|  352 General Services Building   +----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                  |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |    Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                  |
|  CANADA                          |                                  |