xkb: How to map Ctrl+Alt to Altgr in xkb?

Hi,

I'm trying to modify my xkb config so that to map CTRL+ALT combination to
ALTGR, so that symbols normaly accessible with ALTGR+key can also be obtained
with CTRL+ALT+key (The same behaviour as in W2K). This behaviour is very
handy for eg. azerty keyboard when you type with 10 fingers

ex:
on Be keyboard, left brace is obtained normally with ALTGR-8; in W2K we can
also do CTRL-ALT-8, which is more convenient when you type with your 10
fingers.

I had no problem to do this in console keymaps (text mode). In keymaps, it was
quite easy to map some modifier combination + keycode to some symbol, but it
seems much more difficult in X11/xkb. I tried several things to no avail: add
a new type (like a 6 level type with AltGr,Control,Alt), add new modifiers
mapping in symbols/, add new compat/ action, etc. No way, I'm lost. The best
I could achieve is to make it works in some edit box, but it doesn't work in
say konsole or kate. Actually, I suspect that this is because although
<LCTRL> with Alt modifier is mapped to ISO_Level3_Shift, the Alt modifier is
still active, and so the X application thinks I'm doing combination like
Alt-Altgr-8, instead of Altgr-8 to get leftbrace on a Be keyboard.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Mike