Re: LCD flicker

   In your Subsection "Display" you specified "1280x1024"
for the mode.  The server will usually pick the mode with
the highest refresh rate out of the internal mode pool
(which includes a 75 Hz Vesa mode) and the modes read
from the monitor's EDID (plug and play information).  In
your case, however, the monitor specified a preferred mode
which was 60 Hz so that mode took precedence.  If you want
to exclude low refresh modes then you can raise the lower
limit of the VertRefresh in your Section "Monitor" in the
XF86Config file.  You have:

 VertRefresh 50 - 75

Changing this to:

 VertRefresh 70 - 75

Would exclude the monitor's plug and play preferred mode and the
server's builtin 60 Hz Vesa mode and use the server's builtin
75 Hz Vesa mode.

		Mark.