Re: Display glitch using new Linux on old Laptop

   If you were using the neomagic driver and the rendering
was wrong while the vga driver rendered correctly, that implies
a HW acceleration problem with the neomagic driver.  You might
try using the neomagic driver with:

   Option "noaccel"

in the Section "Device" of the XF86Config file.  If that works
but is slow, you can add Option "ShadowFB", which should be
faster.  Another option would be to omit the "noaccel" and
"ShadowFB" options and instead try to turn off the acceleration
feature that is broken.  It's not clear which feature that is
so it would take some experimentation, but for starters, I'd
try:

   Option "XaaNoPixmapCache"
   Option "XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps"

	Mark.