4.6.0 and xgi V3XT

I installed 4.6.0 last night. When I do a startx, it
blanks the screen. I can then only ctrl-alt-del. I
can't switch consoles or anything. The usual specked
background doesn't come up either.

I am trying to use my V3XT on a tv (mythtv via
knoppmyth) without a real monitor. Both displays go
black. And after reboot from startx, the TV remains
black (usually the image is cloned)

I am looking for information on how I can get my V3XT
to work. (PCI) The docs are scarce, and I've searched
this group.

Oh, and when I isntalled knoppmyth, it dedected the
onboard i810, though it should have been disabled. The
PCI device is the default. mkxf86config keeps
dedecting to the i810. And I can't shut it off inthe
bios. it is Auto or On, and it is currently set to
Auto.