Re: error messages

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, chadmichael@xxxxxxxxxx Davis wrote:

> Can someone point me to some materials that document the error messages
> given by the Xfree86 server?  For instance, device not found?
>
> If the documentation for the X server says that the nv driver supports
> pci and agp, does this include pci express video cards with the nv
> chipset?

  The current "nv" driver from CVS supports all known NVIDIA graphics
chips.  The one you have only supports chips that came out before it
was released.  "Device not found" is the typical response a driver gives
when it doesn't recognize a chip that it supports.

  If you can tell me which card you have, I can tell you when it
was first supported in the "nv" driver.

			Mark.