Re: X server crash... Help

   The XFree86.0.log file claims you have no configuration file:

(EE) Unable to locate/open config file

   You need to generate an XF86Config file (XFree86 -configure).  If
you want to run NVIDIA's binary drivers you should follow NVIDIA's
instructions on how to install and configure their drivers.
The failure to restore the console that you describe is a driver
bug.

	Mark.