Re: Keyboard Problem

Hi Open Source

I was able to fix the keyboard problem by updating the symbols files under symbols/us, because default XF86config now takes refers this symbols file only. I have updated necessarly to support the keypads, Sun special keys, Power, Volume control etc. Aprat from this we need add in xmbin.alias file entry for XFree86 with "sun" for sparc solaris. After these changes its my type5 keyboard is working fine.

But still I want to make it to work by configuring the keyboard as type5 XF86config. But somewhere the keybaord driver has really screwed up. By specifying this type the keyboard in second and third rows have shifted. Can any one show me some light.

Another issue I am facing is "console driver". Once when Xserver is not running how can we support console to dispaly the text. Is there any refrence code available for this purpsoe.

Can any one help me in guiding the above two problems.

Regards
Abdul Samad

-------------------------------------------------------Problem Description--------------------------------------------
Hi OpenSource

I am new-bee to Open source and XFree86. I have compiled XFree86 4.5.0 for Solaris Sparc. Everything is working fine except m keyboard. I have Sun Type5c keyboad. My Keypad (for Home, PgUp, End and Arrow keys) is not working when I depress the NUM lock key. But When NUM lock is pressed the digits in keypad are working fine.

Also SUN special keys are not working like Help, Stop, Again, Front, Cut, Copy, Paste.

My Keybaord configuration n XF86config file is as follows:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
EndSection

When I specifiy the following in my configuration the keyboard dosen't take any input.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"

        Option  "Xkbrules" "sun"